Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winter morning Walks

Even the city can be quiet if you get out of bed early enough on a Sunday morning. The sun was shining when I opened my eyes this morning, so hubby and I rolled out of bed and walked to the local coffee shop for peppermint tea and a bagel. It was cold, but there was almost no wind, which is unusal for us, and the sun was beaming down. It felt invigorating to breath in the crisp winter air and hear the scrunch of snow beneath my boots.

It's the kind of morning where you can almost feel spring in the air. Almost.

After breakfast, we strolled over to the grocery store and bought a few things--mostly fresh vegetables and fruit. I'm planning on making oatmeal muffins to have with fruit for lunch, and I'm making vegetarian chilli for supper. Plus, they had some fresh chocolate chip cookies, so we bought one each to have for dessert. YUM!

Walking home, it was nice not to have to worry about traffic. The birds were out, busily chirping and doing whatever it is birds do early Sunday morning. Me, I'm going to spend the day rereading my latest WIP and trying to figure out where I have to go next. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

**********************
Eternally Yours Contest

What could you spend an eternity doing?


What is your passion? Your hunger? Your deepest desire?

Each day beginning February 5 and running through February 14 one of the ten authors will complete the line, "My darling I could spend eternity…" on either their blog or website.

Collect all ten answers and e-mail them to anny@annycook.com with Eternally Yours in the subject line to win some hot, romantic books. There will be three lucky Valentine winners.

The prizes –1st prize--5 books

2nd prize--3 books

3rd prize--2 books


Entries must be in by February 16 at midnight EST. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.

Sandra Cox Silverhills
Mona Risk To Love a Hero
Brynn Paulin Tribute For the Goddess
Bronwyn Green Mystic Circle
Cindy Spencer Pape Stone and Earth
N.J. Walters Seduction of Shamus O’Rourke
Elyssa Edwards Mating Stone
Amarinda Jones Shades of Gray
Kelly Kirch Time for Love
Anny Cook Honeysuckle

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We haven't had much of a winter here which is a bummer because winter is my favorite season. I love the brisk chilly weather. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday NJ.:-)

N.J.Walters said...

I wish I could say we haven't had much winter, but I'd be lying. LOL

We're expecting more snow tonight and tomorrow. Not too much, maybe 2-6 inches. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year, followed by summer, then spring, then winter. *g*

I'm sorry you haven't had much winter, considering you enjoy it. I do hope you're having a great Sunday.

Brynn Paulin said...

I love mornings like that -- especially in the summer when it's early and still cool. You know the heat is coming, but in those early hours it's just peaceful...there's almost a magical quality.

N.J.Walters said...

The sun shines directly in my window when it rises. I especially love that in summer. I get up early and enjoy the world before it gets too busy.

It is magical.

Anny Cook said...

That sounds like a lovely, lovely Sunday. The wind howled all day long here yesterday. The windchimes were blowing sideways. And the temps were down in the teens. Last week it was 72 degrees. This week it's 12. Nooooo snow. Actually, it's only snowed twice this winter, both times back in December.

I wish there was somewhere close enough to walk to, but we're in the country sort of. Driving to the bagel place isn't quite the same.

Off to finish a love scene in a tent in the woods.

Phoenix said...

Sounds incredibly peaceful, NJ. I don't think where I live could be called a city but it does have a few tall buildings. Yet all I can manage is distant appreciation because well, IT'S FREAKING COLD OUT THERE. If I went out you'd be listening to the urgent chattering of my teeth.

charleneteglia said...

I spent Sunday unpacking the last boxes, LOL! Then we went to the park and the kids wore me out. Sounds like you had a great morning!

N.J.Walters said...

Love scene in a tent in the woods...sound intriguing, Anny. Your weather certainly has been up and down this winter.

N.J.Walters said...

I hear ya, Kelly. It's blowing and snowy here again this morning. I am so ready for spring, but I've got about two months of winter left.

N.J.Walters said...

I hope that's the last of the boxes, Charli. I can't believe how quickly you've moved and gotten settled in your new home.