Today is Earth Day 2008, a day to reflect on how much our planet gives us daily and what our repsonsibilities are in order to protect and care for it.
What can you do to help the environment:
1. Walk or take public transit when possible.
2. Turn off lights when not in use.
3. Use cloth bags for groceries instead of plastic.
4. Only do full loads of laundy and wash in cold water when possible.
5. Turn your heat back in the winter and put on a sweater.
6. Buy used items when possible. Not everything needs to be new.
7. Don't throw perfectly good items in the garbage, donate them to local charities and thrift stores.
9. Buy energy-saving appliances when possible.
10. Ask yourself if you truly need something before you purchase it. Chances are you might not. Cut your consumer consumption.
11. Buy organic when possible.
These are just a few things off the top of my head.
What are you doing to help the environment?