Love and Friendship
Firstly, thanks so much to NJ for inviting me to visit today. Author friends rock!
Love and friendship is a continuing theme in my contemporary romance series, called appropriately Love and Friendship.
The core characters are four women and one man who met at a firm of accountants and struck up a friendship. They’re introduced in The Bottom Line and their stories continue in Past Regrets, which is due out on 10 September from Samhain Publishing.
Of course, friendships and relationships don’t always run smoothly. We have to work at them.
Here are six quotes about friendship:
1. A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws. ~ author unknown
2. A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else. ~ author unknown
3. A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. ~ author unknown
4. Keep people in your life who truly love you, motivate you, encourage you, enhance you, and make you happy. If you know people who do none of these things, let them go. ~ author unknown
5. The greatest thing in life is finding someone who knows all about you and your mistakes, and still sees the best in you. ~ author unknown
6. The truth is—everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” ~ Bob Marley
Do you have a favorite quote about friendship? Can you recommend any stories or movies about friendship?
The Bottom Line
Spicing up her sex life sounds exciting…until the fantasy hits the fan.
When Maggie Drummond buys an erotic romance novel by mistake, she gets more than an unexpected eyeful. She gets an introduction to a world that arouses her to a fever pitch: Spanking.
Her boyfriend isn’t interested in pushing his vanilla-flavored sexual boundaries. Then there’s Connor Grey, who haunts her fantasies like a magical genie. As a source of masculine advice for her and her female friends, he’s off limits. The only safe place to explore her fetish is her anonymous blog.
The recent changes in Maggie don’t escape Connor’s notice. Now that her boyfriend has dropped her, he can finally—carefully—make his move. Given his family history, laying a hand on any woman, even in fun, is a line he’s reluctant to cross. But for Maggie? Anything the lady wants.
As Maggie gives in to the temptation to let Connor add some sin to her life, she finds herself juggling lies, half-truths, friendship and sensual delights. Her job is in jeopardy—and she’s falling in love. Exploring her fantasy is one thing, but she’s beginning to question if indulging her own pleasure is worth the cost to everyone around her. Especially Connor…
Warning: Contains explicit sex, spanking, and the good, the bad and the ugly about friendship.
Available in e-book and print
~ * ~
Shelley Munro is tall and curvaceous with blue eyes and a smile that turns masculine heads everywhere she goes. She’s a university tutor and an explorer/treasure hunter during her vacations. Skilled with weapons and combat, she is currently in talks with a producer about a television series based on her world adventures.
Shelley is also a writer blessed with a VERY vivid imagination and lives with her very own hero in New Zealand. She writes mainly erotic romance in the contemporary, paranormal and historical genres for publishers Carina Press, Ellora’s Cave and Samhain Publishing. You can learn more about Shelley and her books at http://www.shelleymunro.com.
AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: http://www.amazon.com/Shelley-Munro/e/B001JOWGNK