Sunday, October 27, 2019

15 Years!

An open letter to all my friends and readers.

Fifteen years ago today a small book titled Annabelle Lee was released by Ellora's Cave. (Now available as Uncovering Annabelle.) 

 Since then, I've written for multiple companies--Samhain Publishing, Carina Press, Beyond the Page, Evernight Publishing, and Entangled Publishing. I've also had novellas in Indie anthologies. 

It's been my pleasure and honor to work with many amazing editors. I've learned so much from all of them. I'm thankful for their skill and dedication and just plain hard work. 

It's been a crazy ride. I'm am severely technologically impaired. (I just got a cell phone a few months ago.) Any changes in any tech can cause a major meltdown. I'm dreading having to replace my 10-year-old desktop computer. 

But through it all, I have pushed myself further than I ever thought I could go. I've learned so much and continue to struggle and learn every day. In an industry that changes so rapidly, I'm managing to keep on publishing. 

When I started in this business, the major publishers and RWA didn't even consider ebook writers real writers. Amazon...what was that? I was on dial-up for my internet. Yahoo Groups were how we communicated and my biggest social media worry was a blog. How times have changed.

Through all the ups and downs in my personal and professional life, the readers have always been there for me. Your loyalty and support and love has kept me going and will continue to keep me going in the years to come. 

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can't emphasize enough how much you all mean to me. 

To my fellow writers--You are amazingly generous with your time and support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all. 

To all the industry professionals who blog and review books. Thank you for supporting me all these years. I truly appreciate your hard work. 

And, finally, to the publishing companies who have taken a chance on me over the years, I am truly grateful.

To cap off 15 amazing years, something special happened a few weeks back--I realized that Flynn's Assassin was my 100th book.

I'm honored to have my 100-book pin from RWA.

Thank you all! I couldn't have done it without you.

All my love, 
NJ

No comments: