Friday, January 26, 2007

Editors!

I just wanted to take a minute today to pay tribute to some of the hardest working people in the publishing industry--and no, it's not the writers. Editors are the backbone of the industry, but rarely get acknowledged in a public way.

And it's not just the editor that a writer works with on a regular basis, but those who do the final edits on a manuscript to try and catch anything that might have gotten missed.

I've had the privilege of working with five different editors to date and each one of these amazing ladies is responsible for making me a better writer. Their insights and talents have taught me a lot and with each book I write, I feel I'm becoming a stronger writer.

So, thank you to the editors. Those behind-the-scenes folks who help writers make their dreams of publishing come true. I thank you for helping make my dreams a reality!

2 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

I totally agree, NJ! I'd be lost and nowhere near as strong a writer without my editors and what I've learned from working with them.

N.J.Walters said...

I feel the same about my editors too, Nic. I've learned so much from them.