Monday, January 29, 2007

Winter and Resolutions!

It's almost one month into the new year and winter has arrived with a vengeance! Snow, snow and more snow, along with strong winds and cold temperatures.

It made me stop and think about the resolution I made back on January 1st--the one about finding more balance in my life. I realized that the entire month has slipped away and I haven't really done anything to change my life at all.

So, I resolved to begin again today. To that end, I baked a pan of oatmeal muffins and a pan of apple and cinnamon muffins. They were both from a box mix, but it's the thought that counts. And my hubby doesn't care where they came from. LOL

I also took the time to do a half hour of yoga after spending over two hours writing this morning. It felt good to stretch, but talk to me again in the morning. *g*

Instead of woofing down lunch while I caught up on the news, I sat at the kitchen table and ate a delicious fruit salad and one of the oatmeal muffins as I watched the snow drift downward and the plows go up the road.

It's a start and a good one. Will I backslide again? Probably. Will I begin again? Definitely.

I hope that you've had luck with your New Year's resolutions. But if you haven't, it's not too late to begin again!

2 comments:

charleneteglia said...

Now I want muffins. Yum! What a nice way to pursue balance.

N.J.Walters said...

They are delicious! I'm working on finding balance, but it's not easy.