Friday, August 08, 2008

08-08-08

Today is one of those very special days on the calendar. 08-08-08 is thought to be a very lucky day in many cultures and more than a few weddings have been planned for today.


This also marks the beginning of the Olympic Games. While there has been much controversy surrounding the host country of China, I am looking forward to the events themselves. The Olympic Games are filled with stories of inspiration and hope.


I'm off to watch the opening ceremonies.

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I intend to watch them as well. My favorite summer olympic sports are gymnastics, platform diving and water polo.

Anny Cook said...

Yep. It's the one time the television gets turned on.

N.J.Walters said...

I enjoy the gymnastics and all the swimming events. Along with the track and field.

N.J.Walters said...

It's fun to watch every four years, Anny. I've been watching since I was a kid.