Monday, November 09, 2009

A Festive Weekend

I know the holidays are still about seven weeks away, but I was in the spirit of things this weekend. Hubby and I went to a fine craft and design fair Saturday morning. I'm always amazed at how talented folks are. There were hand-stitched teddy bears, locally made chocolate, textile arts, carvings, woodwork, knitted crafts, and tons more.

I also started Christmas shopping. Yes, I said Christmas shopping. I like to get out and shop before the stores get too crowded. I don't mind shopping in December, but I like to have the bulk of it done before then. Not that my list is all that extensive. My family doesn't go overboard on the holidays, so that makes things easier for everyone.

Sunday afternoon, I put a Christmas CD on the stereo and spent a couple of hours working on my Christmas cards. I always mail my cards on the first of December. I know, I'm early, but I can't help myself.

Hey, I'm not as bad as I used to be. Back when I was a teenager, I'd have about 80% of my shopping done by the end of August. *g* I've mellowed.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

7 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Yep, I used to have all my cards done, too! I usually post Christmas vignettes from past years on my blog. This reminds me that I must pull those up and go through them! We usually put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving!

Charlene Teglia said...

We bought Christmas cookies the day after Halloween. And I'm ready for lights up now; don't want to try to do them in 2 feet of snow! It's still gorgeous and I want to take advantage.

Unknown said...

I do the bulk of my shopping in August still. It's when I have the most money so can therefore afford to do shopping.

N.J.Walters said...

That's a great idea for your blog, Anny. I like getting my cards done early. Less of a rush as things pick up closer to the holidays.

N.J.Walters said...

Yum! Christmas cookies. :-)

I think it's smart to get your outdoor lights up before the snow flies.

N.J.Walters said...

You're way ahead of me, Kathy! You gotta shop when you can get what you want and have the money to do so.

Shelley Munro said...

Wow, NJ, you are organized! For once I am actually starting to think about Christmas, but I haven't put the thoughts into action yet. :)