Friday, December 09, 2011

Decking the Halls

Just wanted to share some of my holiday decorating with you. Here's a shot of the Christmas tree in the corner of the living room.


This is a closer shot showing some of the ornaments, which are all handmade or were gifts from family and friends. There are also vintage metal icicles (some of which I took from home when I left years ago and some I found at thrift stores).





Greenery around the archway between the kitchen and the living room. I made a bunch of those Care Bear ornaments about 25 years ago, gave some as presents and kept nine of them for myself.

5 comments:

anny cook said...

Decorating is what we'll be doing later today and tomorrow! The tree is lovely!

Merry Christmas!

Kathleen C said...

With three weeks to move from Portland OR to Walnut Creek CA, and five pets, we ended up renting a very small cottage...900sf. Coming from a 2500sf home, this has been a challenge. My point is that for the first time, ever, there is no place for a tree. We hope to be in moderately sized house by March, so I just keep thinking about next year. :-)

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Anny. Have fun decorating!

The move is exciting, but it's too bad you don't have room for a tree, Kathleen. Maybe some boughs that you can hang some ornaments from.

Regina said...

I've had two trees! LOL the first one had no odor at all so hubby had to drag it back to get a new one. Hope to decorate it today , yours is lovely, how do you have the patience to string popcorn?!? LOL

N.J.Walters said...

lol That's one fabulous hubby you have, Regina. And I love stringing the popcorn. *g* I usually take an afternoon or evening before we put the tree up and string it. I used cranberries and popcorn this year. It adds a lovely smell to the room.