Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Night of Fun and Crafting


This past week I did an evening workshop at the local college--Iris Fabric Folding. The original craft is actually Iris Paper Folding, but the instructor teaches quilting at the school and uses fabric for the technique instead of paper.


The class was small, which I liked, and the instructor was simply amazing. I had a ton of fun!


We all started out making the star pattern (above), but everyone's card was different because of the color of the cardstock chosen and the various shades of fabric we all picked.


Now, of course, I'm determined to make Christmas cards for the immediate family. I have started looking for fabric as I have none. I haven't done much in the way of crafting in years, not since my writing took off and have virtually no supplies. I'll start scoping out the thrift stores for clothing I can cut up too, and I might even try some designs with paper or ribbon. Need to do a bit more embellishment with the card, but I absolutely love how it turned out!

4 comments:

anny cook said...

Oh, wow! Those are beautiful! Go, N.J.!

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Anny. It's been years since I did much crafty stuff. Writing and reading have overtaken my life the past eight years. lol

Mannouchka said...

Woo N.J. I really like what you made is a great art work and I want to thank you for sharing with yes it's good when the class is small the instructor can take time with each students.
And thanks again for sharing and very nice color
Have a nice week
Cheers

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Mannouchka. It was a great class, and the instructor was wonderful. A really great experience.