Friday, September 07, 2012

What's New at my House


So, this past weekend, hubby and I were browsing a store we rarely go to and we saw this chair. I've been married 25 years and I've never purchased a new chair. They've all been hand-me-downs from family or purchased at yard sales or thrift stores. This one was on sale, but still...

Almost left it behind, but at the last second bought it and had it delivered. I almost hyperventilated when I got home. (Not kidding.) But it looks great in the living room and I love the colors! It's perfect right beside our new cabinet. (That came from Walmart so it wasn't expensive.) We decided that after all these years together, we deserved some new furniture. Instead of taking a big trip for our anniversary, we've been spending the money to feather our nest a little. It's nice!


This is a cute pumpkin candleholder I bought at the same store I got the chair. I love that I can leave it out all fall, but it will look wonderful at halloween too!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the chair and pumpkin. :)

anny cook said...

It's cool to get new furniture, isn't it? We seldom buy anything new, either!

Mannouchka said...

Woo N.J. love the armchair nice color great choice and I love this cute pumpkin candleholder is it hand made.And thanks for sharing those picture with all of us
Wish a nice afternoon
Cheers

N.J.Walters said...

It is fun to buy new furniture, Anny. We've been doing a bit of that lately. Got some new bookshelves and a new television stand. Makes a lovely difference to the place.

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Mannouchka. I couldn't resist the pumpkin candleholder. No, it's not hand made. I purchased it at Pier 1 Imports.