Saturday, February 24, 2007

Edits

Shhh...I'm not really here. I'm in that place that authors both love and hate...the edits cave!

What is the edits cave? It's that place where all the words and pages you've written begin to resemble the book that will finally be released. A good portion of the work has been done by the author (rewriting it many times before even submitting it to your editor), but there is still much to be done.

Thankfully, I've been blessed with incredible editors with both publishing companies I write for. Today, however, I am in the Ellora's Cave edits cave working on my Torrid Tarot submission. Three Swords, One Heart is a fantasy/menage a trois based around the tarot card the three of swords.

As always, my editor has valuable insights and has picked up on content, spelling, punctuation and consistency mistakes, and I'm working my way through them one at a time. It's hard work, but it's satisfying work.

I actually love the editing process. It not only means that the book is closer to being released, it also is the time when your book really becomes something special.

So, shhh. I'm not really here. And I'll see you all again in a few days. :-)

No comments: