Monday, November 12, 2007

Manic Monday!

What is it with me and technology this past week?

Lost the phone service for 24 hours between last Wednesday and Thursday night. Then yesterday, I went to turn on my computer to work for a while. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

The green light came on, but there wasn't a gig out of my computer. Unplugged it, checked all the connections, and it finally came on after about six tries. I heard a sizzling sound and then the smell of burnt rubber. See me turn of computer real fast.

So this morning, my hubby is taking my computer into the computer repair shop and I'm crossing my fingers that it's just a burnt out on/off switch. Thankfully, I have my WIP on a CD and will be using hubby's computer until I get mine back. (Isn't he sweet.)

Anyway, whatever is in the air, I hope it clears soon. It's getting to the point where I'm almost afraid to touch any electronic appliance in the place. *g*

Welcome to Monday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eek! I hope your computer is fixed quickly (and inexpensively) for you. I think I'd cry big tears if anything ever happened to my laptop. Which reminds me...I need to do a backup...

Lori said...

Ack! Scary! I turned on my car on the way home from work tonight and blew a fuse on one entire panel. Drove home in the dark. There is definitely something in the air...

N.J.Walters said...

I hope so too, Christine. The computer shop was actually closed yesterday because of Remembrance Day, so hubby is taking it up today.

ACK! That is scary, Lori. Glad you made it home safe. Yep, technology is certainly acting up this past week or so. Hopefully, that's the end of it.

Tempest Knight said...

Agh! I hate when computers act goofy or I'm without internet. I hope there was nothing serious with your 'puter.