Monday, May 03, 2010

The Weather

It's the beginning of another week and I find myself thinking about the weather. Most of us don't pay too much attention to it. Oh, we gripe if it's raining and smile if it's sunny, we talk about it at line-ups in the grocery store and bank, but we go on about our daily lives and our business. That is until the weather gets extreme.

These past few months have been filled with reports of earthquakes, tsunamis and, more recently, flooding across parts of the United States. It's amazing how these kinds of events can make you thankful for a foggy, rainy day. After all, the fog will lift and the rain will stop, but the folks dealing with major weather will be picking up the pieces of their lives for days, weeks, months and possibly even years.

So today I'm giving thanks for the weather. It's cool, but sunny today. Tomorrow, if it rains as the forecast predicts, I'll give thanks for that too. I'm grateful not to be having to deal with the kind of destruction that many folks in the world are. My heart and prayers go out to them as they struggle to rebuild their lives.

No comments: