Saturday, November 13, 2010

It Has Begun...

Okay, so hubby and I usually get up early on Saturday morning and head out for breakfast before we hit WalMart and a few other stores and run errands. It's nice and quiet and there are no crowds.

That all changed this morning! It's as though the Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day holiday sent out a silent signal to people reminding them that there are only six weeks until Christmas. The parking lots were packed by a little past ten o'clock. I have to admit I wasn't really expecting it to hit until next weekend. I hate crowds so hubby and I were on our way home by eleven.

I figure most of my holiday shopping will be done on a weekday...early. lol

I've got a few things picked up already, but best of all I have my list. We don't buy a lot in my family. Keeps us all sane this time of year. I've already put the holiday CDs in the car. I find it relaxes me in traffic.

Have you started your holiday shopping yet?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do my holiday shopping online. I hate crowds too. And even when I'm not holiday shopping, I never go to stores or even supermarkets on weekends after Black Friday. It's just too insane.