It seems most books I read these days are part of a series. And I really don't mind. I love series. I enjoy going back and spending time with the same characters or secondary characters. Here's five great series I've been reading lately.
1. Nahlini Singh's Guild Hunter Series. This is one fabulous series. It has a kick-ass heroine and an otherworldly hero who ends up being changed by her. I can't wait for the next book! Check out Book One: Angels' Blood.
2. Nancy Gideon's Moonlight Series is a paranormal trilogy with a difference. The hero has a tortured past and you're never really sure if he's one of the good guys. Be sure to check out Masked by Moonlight, Chased by Moonlight and Captured by Moonlight. I hope there will be more books about Max and Charlotte.
3. Eve Silver's Sins Series is one I definitely enjoyed. You have brothers--soul reapers, sons of the Underworld god of chaos and evil. They're trying to find out who killed their brother. They're not looking for love, but it finds them anyway. I'm praying Ms. Silver will have another book in this series! Check out Sins of the Heart, Sins of the Soul and Sins of the Flesh.
4. Okay, so I'm a J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood junkie. I love this series. I resisted reading the first book for a while because the blurb didn't do it for me. But I heard such good things about it I finally read it. I was hooked. Thankfully book two was already out at the time and book three was close on the way. Since then, I've awaited each book with anticipation. Ward does not flinch at changing things up and taking the hard road in this series. Try Dark Lover (book one) and you'll be hooked.
5. Water Bound, the first book in Christine Feehan's Sisters of the Heart Series is my favorite book of 2010. It has an incredible heroine in Rikki. She is a woman who has risen above tragedy and personal limitations to carve out a life for herself. Lev is a tortured soul looking to save himself and finally live. These two flawed characters come together and create something special.
I'm a huge fan of Feehan's Drake Sisters series. This new series is an off-shoot of that one. I can't wait for book two!
What series have you been reading lately?