Saturday, February 05, 2011

Mini Apple Pies


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Here is a recipe I got from author Ariana Hart back in 2006. I've copied it exactly as she wrote it. I didn't have refrigerated pie crust so I simply made my own. Either way, it's quick and easy and fun!

Because it was a snow day last Thursday, I got in the mood to make them. Please note the recipe makes five and one was already missing by the time I took this photo. :)

Best of all it's YUMMY!



Ari’s Mini Apple Pies


Ingredients

2 medium tart baking apples (I used three)

¼ cup sugar

2 tsp flour

¾ tsp cinnamon

1 sheet refrigerated pie crust


Pre-heat oven to 425

Peel and chop apples

Combine with flour, cinnamon, and sugar


Cut pie crust into 5, 4 inch wide circles (I use a glass, but you can use a
biscuit cutter or whatnot) save the scraps

Put the 5 mini crusts into a muffin tin


Pour apple mixture into mini pies

Cut the scraps of pie crust into strips and lay across apple mixture


Fill the remaining, empty muffin cup about ¼ of the way with water.


Bake until bubbling, 18-20 minutes or so. Let the pies cool in the muffin
tins or you can’t get them out in one piece.


If I’m having company over, I put the little pie on a plate with a scoop of
ice cream or a wedge of cheddar cheese. If I’m making them for the family,
we usually just scarf them down as soon as they get out of the oven,
hahahaha

They work well with company because you don’t have to fight with the pie
trying to scoop it out without making a mess and you can make them up ahead
of time and then just pop them in the warm oven to heat them up nicely.


Enjoy!

No comments: