I've seen this quiz on Christmas on several other author blogs and chat groups (Lauren Dane and Jaci Burton for sure), so I thought I'd fill it out and post it. It was actually fun to do and made me think about some of the reasons I enjoy the Christmas holiday.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Defintitely hot chocolate...the more chocolate the better!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped of course. :-)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Gotta have colored. White lights are for any time of year.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not since my plastic one died many years ago.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Decorations go up the first of December. The tree anytime after the 10th!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I can't pick just one. LOL Cranberry sauce, bananna-apple salad, fudge, cherry cake...
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Waking up one Christmas Eve when I was around 6 or 7 years old and sneaking a peek in the living room. I remember scurrying back to bed, almost afraid I'd catch Santa at his work.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea what you're talking about. Santa is very real.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have homemade ornaments and others that have been gifts over the years. The oldest one I have is one I made when I was about 10 years old. I haven't made any new ones in the past few years...no room. LOL
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Don't mind a sprinkle of Christmas snow, but I'm not a winter person.
12. Can you ice skate? No!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? That's a hard one. My most favorite gift from my childhood would have to be a santa brooch that santa put in my Christmas stocking when I was about seven. I still have it and still wear it every year.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and friends.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Toss up between fudge and cherry cake.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree, baking, singing Christmas songs, wrapping presents...I enjoy it all.
17. What tops your tree? Two gigantic red bows with streamers. (One for the front and the other for the back of the tree)
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night and Old Christmas Card.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I enjoy the occasional candy cane. :-)