Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tagged by TJ--Meme

I was tagged by TJ Michaels to do this little Meme. I don't mind this one, because it's short. LOL

Total Number of Books I Own?

Not as many as you’d think. I own about 1000 books. I made several major moves over the years and had to dump about 90% of my books both times. Plus, I worked at a bookstore for years, so I read a lot of books that I didn’t have to buy.

Last Book I Bought:

Immortals: The Gathering by Jennifer Ashley. The final book in a four book series. I picked it up at the bookstore today. This is an awesome series. If you like paranormals, The Imortals series is a must!

Last Book I Read:

Fire and Rain by Lauren Dane. I really love Lauren’s werewolves!

Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:

This is not an easy one.

1. God on a Harley by Joan Brady. This is a wonderful little book of fiction that really speaks to me on a spiritual level.

2. The Gift of a Year by Mira Kirshenbaum. This book inspired me to actually take a year off work. That time kick-started my writing career and changed my life.

3. Anything by Louisa May Alcott. The woman is not just writing stories for children. She wrote stories that speak to who we really are as people and she did it incredibly well.

4. A Gift from the Sea by Ann Morrow Lindbergh. As relevant now as it was when it was written in 1955.

5. I’m going to cheat and say the books on my keeper shelf. All those wonderful romances that have made me laugh and cry and sigh.

Five folks I’m gonna tag. How about Nicole Austin, Charlene Teglia, and anyone else who wants to do it. :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd be scared to to count how many books I own. Over a thousand easily. That's why I love e-books so much. Easier to store them. :)

charleneteglia said...

Um, I'll get around to that, maybe Friday.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, um...maybe Friday. LOL!

charleneteglia said...

OK,I did the meme! On Sunday, but it's done.