Sunday, January 06, 2008

Lazy Winter Days

The holidays have come and gone, and now we are deep in the heart of winter. Sidewalks are a thing of memory and snowbanks are piled high.

What can we do to make the days pass quicker until spring arrives?

Movies!

Hubby and I really enjoy going to the movies. I know it's expensive, but I love the theatre experience. Luckily, we got gift cards from some friends and family for Christmas, so I don't have to feel guilty about spending money to go.

Since the holidays began we've seen a few movies. National Treasure was a fun ride. Exactly what you'd expect from this kind of action/adventure flick.

Sweeny Todd is an experience in and of itself. Gory, bloody, and surprisingly good. Johnny Depp is amazing. Need I say more?

P.S. I Love You was even better than I thought it would be. I laughed out loud and I cried my eyes out. Both Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler gave wonderful performances.

Then we saw a quirkly little film called Juno. It's about a teenage girl who gets pregnant. It was funny and real and the young woman playing the lead deserves an Oscar nomination.

Unfortunately Atonement and Bucket List haven't found their way to our local theatre yet, but I'm still hopeful. After all, I still have enough left in my gift cards for two more movies. :-)

Did you see any movies over the holidays that you'd recommend?

3 comments:

charleneteglia said...

Oh, I envy your movie-going! Sounds wonderful. I'm just waiting for Stardust to come out on DVD.

Unknown said...

Last movie I went to see in the theater was Lord Of The Rings Return of the King. No joke. I just can't justify the cost. I live on a very fixed income because I am disabled so the cost of a movie ticket is way too much. I wait for the movies to come out on DVD. In fact I just saw the Simpsons Movie and it was hilarious.

N.J.Walters said...

We do enjoy the movies, Charli. Stardust was actually a pretty good flick.

The cost of movies has skyrocked, Kathy. We justify it because we don't go to clubs or out to dinner. It's our only entertainment. Plus, we got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas, which is a wonderful present for us. I didn't see the Simpsons movie. Glad you enjoyed it!