Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In Search of a Purse

It's been at least two months now and I am still in search of a purse. With box stores, outlet stores and the malls, you wouldn't think it would be this hard. But alas, I am still using the purse with the strap that is barely hanging by a thread. Disaster is only a hard tug away.

It's not that I'm being unreasonable. At least, I don't think I am. I want a brown leather purse, one that isn't the size of a small suitcase. I also don't want a cell phone holder on the outside. I don't have a cell phone, therefore I don't need a holder. I don't want one long strap, but two straps--not too short, not too long--that will slide over my shoulder for easy carrying.

You'd think it would be easy.

Think again. I have been scouring everywhere from shoe stores to Walmart and everything in-between. I've even checked out the thrift stores. I'm getting desperate. On-line shopping is not really an option. I'm not willing to pay the hefty customs charges to ship a purse in from the USA.

It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Oh, and did I tell you, I'm looking for a wallet too. The one I use now is about ten years old and showing a lot of wear. I can't seem to find the same style of wallet anywhere. Why am I not surprised. :-)

5 comments:

Charlene Teglia said...

Hmm. If somebody bought you a present and shipped it to CA, would there be a customs charge?

N.J.Walters said...

In theory...no...in reality...sometimes.

Anny Cook said...

Wow. I'll keep an eye out. What's the wallet look like? Maybe we can find a two-fer. I have a purse I love that actually came with a matching wallet... Sam's Club. But I expect y'all don't have them in Canada.

N.J.Walters said...

The wallet is kinda hard to explain. It doesn't open up wide like a regular wallet, but it has a few strategic places for cards and three separate slots for money, etc..., plus a small zippered pocket on the outside for change.

LOL I'm very particular when it comes to purses and wallets. They have to "feel" right.

Anny Cook said...

Oh, I get that for sure!