Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday Teaser: Shadows Stir from the Ellora's Cavemen: Dreams of the Oasis IV Anthology

This week the Tuesday Teaser comes from "Shadows Stir" my story in the  ELLORA'S CAVEMEN: DREAMS OF THE OASIS IV anthology. It's the story that began my Shadow Ryder series.




TEASER:

“Damn it,” she swung back around. “You let him get away. I wasn’t finished with him yet.”

“I was protecting you.” She almost melted into the ground as his deep voice washed over her.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t need help.” Realizing how ungrateful that sounded, she shook off her disappointment. “Look, I appreciate what you were trying to do, but I didn’t need any help.”

“He had a weapon pointed at you.” His logic just ticked her off.

“I could have disarmed him. I can take care of myself.” She turned and started walking back down the alley toward the light, sheathing her weapon as she went. Her mind was already planning her next move.

There was no sound, no warning at all. One minute she was almost out of the alleyway, the next, her back was up against the wall, her hands trapped in his. He lowered his head until his forehead was all but touching hers. The scowl on his face left no doubt that he was angry with her. Leaning even closer, he whispered, “Can you now?”

 

 

No comments: