Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mail Call!



Look what came in the mail today!





I love the Jamesville series, but this is my favorite book to date.

Blurb:

Gunned down in the line of duty, New York City cop Patrick O’Rourke returns to his hometown of Jamesville to recuperate from his physical and emotional wounds. His partner is dead and his career depends on his ability to recover from his serious injuries. He doesn’t plan on staying for long, so the last thing he wants is a relationship.

Shannon Brooker’s life certainly didn’t turn out the way she’d planned, and she’s returned to Jamesville to help her aunt run the local diner. She’s not looking for a man. All she wants is some peace of mind.

When her abusive ex-husband starts a campaign to terrorize her, Shannon turns to Patrick O’Rourke, the man she had a teenage crush on many years ago. She wants to hire him as a bodyguard, but their relationship quickly becomes more personal than professional.

With Shannon wanting a small-town life and Patrick wanting to return to the life he loves as a New York cop, there seems to be no way for them to build a permanent life together. As the threat against Shannon escalates, they are pushed closer together, igniting a passion that will alter their lives forever.

Warning: This title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, and violence.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. I can't wait to get it in paper!

charleneteglia said...

Gorgeous! Congrats! It's my favorite, too, but I'm willing to see if Woven Dreams is better. *g*

Anonymous said...

I'd love to get that in the mail :)

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Lauren. It's so wonderful to actually be able to hold the book in my hands.

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Charli! LOL I appreciate you wanting to give Woven Dreams a fair shot. *g*

N.J.Walters said...

It's exciting, Ali. Especially because it's been available for a month. Other people have a copy, but I didn't until yesterday!

Anonymous said...

OOOH NJ I have to agree I love that cover and I loved Patrick and Shannon's story. I got my copy in the mail and I had to reread it right away.

I'm so glad you finally got yours.

So any word on Carly and Nathan getting a Print book? Or any other books coming in print?

Congrats again

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks so much, Jenn! I was thrilled to get them in the mail yesterday.

Still no word on any more print books. I'll let you know if that changes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some news soon.

Lori said...

Congrats, NJ! They do look purty :)

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks so much, Lori. I think so too. :-)