Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3


Thirteen Books on my keeper shelf!



1. Honor's Splendor by Julie Garwood

2. Ravished by Amanda Quick

3. Cherokee Thunder by Rachel Lee (and the rest of the Conard County series)

4. Zach's Law by Kay Hooper

5. Tiger's Eye by Karen Robards

6. The Mercenary by Cherry Adair (it sat on the shelf by itself for almost a decade until her next book came out)

7. Dream Man by Linda Howard (and the Mackenzie series and Midnight Rainbow and Diamond Bay, and A Heart of Fire, and...you get my drift)

8. Last Bridge Home by Iris Johansen

9. The Warlord by Elizabeth Elliott (she wrote only 3 books as far as I know and all of them are on my keeper shelf--I wish she'd start writing again)

10. Knight of a Trillion Stars by Dara Joy (of course I have Rejar and Mine to Take as well)

11. The entire "In Death" series by J. D. Robb

12. The Bedeviled Duke by Judith Lansdowne (love her Regency romances)

13. Out of the Dark by Sharon Sala (and Sweet Baby and Jackson Rule and Tallchief...whether it's Sharon Sala or Dinah McCall, they're all good)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



21 comments:

Amanda Young said...

The only book on your list that I've read is Tiger's Eye. I love Robards. Have all her books. :)

Michelle Pillow said...

I loved the Ravished, Rendezvous... whatever that series of books was called. Read it years ago and often thought it'd be nice to get ahold of the series again.

Michelle
http://www.michellepillow.com/authorblog/

N.J.Walters said...

I used to have all her books, Amanda. But a lot of moves over the years has diminished my book collection to almost nil. I do still have Tiger's Eye though. It's my favorite of her historicals.

N.J.Walters said...

I love Amanda Quick books, but I really enjoy her older ones more than her newer ones. Ravished, Rendevous and Reckless! All of them were great!

Anonymous said...

I love Karen Robards' books from the 80's and early 90's! and Linda Howard - happy sigh. Although Dream Man is the only La Linda title where I thought the hero did something and didn't work for redemption at all.

N.J.Walters said...

I love Karen Robards early books. Linda Howard, I love all but her historical romances. For some reason, I just can't get into them at all.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Great Book List! I've read a few-of course now I have to add the others. :}

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, RG. I read someone else's list a few weeks ago and had to do the same thing. LOL

Shelley Munro said...

I have The Mercenary sitting on my shelf as well, along with Garwood, Quick and the In Death books. I've been thinking that when I have time I'll reread them all. Great books!

Bianca D'Arc said...

I'm totally with you on the Linda Howard Mackenzie series, Rachel Lee Conard County series, and the Dara Joy selections you mentioned. All are on my keeper shelf as well!

N.J.Walters said...

The Mercenary hooked me on Cherry Adair, Shelley. I pick out an old book now and again to reread. I can't resist.

N.J.Walters said...

Although my library is nothing compared to what it used to be, Bianca, there are just some books I couldn't give up, and others that I bought again.

Anonymous said...

Hi NJ

Wow I have all the In Death as well. Plus I am a hudge Karen Robards Fan and that Amanda Quick book is on my TBR.

Very Cool 13

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Jenn. I think you'll really enjoy the Amanda Quick book.

Robin L. Rotham said...

Wow, I can't believe we don't even have one book in common on our keeper shelves! I used to read a lot of Kay Hooper, Karen Robards, Linda Howard, Amanda Quick, and Julie Garwood, though. I keep hearing great things about the Warlord -- think I'll go order that one right now. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought I was the only one that remember Iris Johansen's Loveswepts. I used to have them all. Linda Howard, Diana Palmer, Elizabeth Lowell, Kay Hooper, Jayne Ann Krentz in all of her incarnations. I would add The Windflower by Laura London (Tom and Sharon Curtis)..long out of print. I've had six copies and finally stopped loaning it out as it NEVER returned! :(

Kate Willoughby said...

Dara Joy's stuff is on my keeper shelf, too! :D Rejar is my favorite.

N.J.Walters said...

Hey, Robin.

It's amazing how people's keeper shelf differs. That's what I love about romance--there are so many different genres and authors to choose from!

N.J.Walters said...

I really enjoy Dara Joy's books, Kate. I think that Knight of a Trillion Stars is my fav.

N.J.Walters said...

Once upon a time, I had all the Iris Johansen books. I've read all the Kay Hooper loveswepts as well. Don't have them any more--One move too many and shipping books is expensive. Now, those early books are all but impossible to find. I've never read Laura London. I'll have to keep an eye out for Wildflower.

Anny Cook said...

Well, when you're looking look for Windflower...not Wildflower. Laura London (Tom and Sharon Curtis) have retired from writing, but they were Rita winners way back when and I've never read a book of theirs that I didn't love. It makes me sad that they retired.