It's the time of year when many folks fall victim to the Winter Blues. The lack of sunshine, the piles of snow everywhere and the short days (more darkness, less light) are the primary reasons. While some people have a severe reaction to this and can need professional treatment, I think most of us are prone to a slighter reaction and just end up feeling a little blue.
What can we do to help counter this reaction?
1. Exercise. Which can be tough when you don't feel like doing anything, but it will help.
Now if I can only make myself work out. :-)
2. Get outside when the sun does shine. If the sun isn't making an appearance near you, make sure to take some vitamin D supplements.
3. Take up a new hobby. It will help stimulate your brain and give you something new and interesting to focus on.
4. Cook. Don't fall victim to the pre-cooked meal or fast food. Cook with fresh fruits and vegetables to give yourself a taste of summer.
5. Don't be afraid to take a nap if you need one. Honestly, I think naps are underrated. They can be rejuvenating and just plain cozy.
And remember, spring isn't too far away. How do you cope with the Winter Blues?