Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Christmas Craft Fair

There was a Christmas Craft Fair this past weekend and I managed to get away for a few hours to enjoy it.

Now, I'm a sucker for these things. I love looking at everything, especially the craftwork of local artisans. It's amazing how many talented people live around you but you never notice until you go to something like this. There's woodwork, jewelry, knitted goods, stained glass, handsewn garments, painted glass ornaments and oh, so much more.

But, that's not what I spent my money on.

No, what stopped me in my tracks was the homemade fudge. LOL It's the same every year. Now, I'm purist and have to have some of the vanilla. Hubby tried several kinds but opted for the chocolate/maple. That was fine until we got to another part of the exhibition and there was another fudge stand. SHE HAD COOKIE DOUGH FUDGE! What's a girl to do?

Buy more. LOL That's what I did. Poor hubby ended up carrying a bag filled with fugde and some local honey.

It's all about the food.

Can't wait for the next Christmas craft fair. I think there's another one next month. :-)

3 comments:

charleneteglia said...

That's right, the holidays are one big feeding fenzy. : D Fudge sounds fantastic. I think I need some.

Sean Carter said...

wow..i love fudge.why only fudge, i love all kinds of christmas candies. peep into this amazing Christmas Blog for some delightful recipes and gift ideas.

N.J.Walters said...

I love holiday food, Charli, especially fudge!D

I'm not real big on candy, Sean...okay, maybe cherry chocolates and dark chocolate, but fudge is a weakness. Thanks for the Christmas blog link.