Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pumpkins!

I love this time of year. The crisp air, the colorful leaves and, of course, the pumpkins.


I'm just a big kid when it comes to Halloween and I have to have my very own pumpkin to carve. It's partly because it wasn't something that was done in my home when I was a kid. I didn't carve my first pumpkin until I moved away from home. Since then, I've had one every year. (And that's a lot of years.)

The one on the right is mine and the one on the left is for my hubby. There was no farm close by for us to go to, so we did the next best thing...we went to the grocery store and picked through every single pumpkin they had until we found the perfect ones.

I'll be sure and post another picture on October 31 or November 1st and show you what we did with them.

Happy pumpkin shopping!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Very nice NJ, now I just have to go and get pumpkins for me and the kids to carve. Seeing yours makes me want to get them soon.

Maybe even today after work.

charleneteglia said...

Nice! We picked out a pumpkin yesterday. This morning the toddler and I picked out a design and printed it. Carving a jack o'lantern is fun! Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

N.J.Walters said...

It's time to get your pumpkin, Jenn, before all the good ones are taken. :-) Hope you get a great one.

Charli, glad you've got yours. I haven't decided on a design yet. Something to think about. I hope you post pictures of your pumkin when it's done too.

Shelley Munro said...

That's so cool, NJ. I love the look of those pumpkins. We don't celebrate halloween over here in NZ, so don't do the pumpkin thing. Hubby and I were fascinated by the decorations and pumpkin fairs etc when we were over in Maine just before Halloween a couple of years ago. We loved it!

N.J.Walters said...

I can't imagine not celebrating Halloween, Shelley. It's such a part of the culture over here. You should try pumpkin carving if you ever have a chance. It's fun!