Thursday, October 05, 2006

October--The Harvest Month!

I can hardly believe that it is the fifth day of October already. This month is already flying by, which is a shame, because it is my favorite month of the year.

I'm a few days late, but WELCOME TO OCTOBER!

The grocery store always looks so inviting this time of year with all the orange pumpkins, yellow squash and various other colorful gourds. Which reminds me...it will soon be time for that most important of October tasks--choosing the Halloween Pumpkin!

I'm a kid at heart and still carve my own pumpkin every year. We buy two so my husband and I each have one of our own. LOL I tend to favor small, perfectly shaped ones, while he likes the larger ones. Of course, I'm the one who scoops the pumpkin guts out of both of them, but I don't really mind. It's all part of the experience.

I'll probably buy mine this weekend so I can admire it for a few weeks. Then I'll have to decide what pattern I'm going to carve into it. I've done bats and a graveyard scene the past two years. Who knows what I'll do this year. But, whatever it is, I'll take pictures. :-)

Good luck on your own pumpkin hunts!

2 comments:

Cathy M said...

wow. This is an amazing cover. Congrats.

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks, Cathy. I'm alway in awe at the talent of the EC art department!