Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Moose on the Loose!

I was putting the cereal bowl on the kitchen table around seven o'clock this morning when I happened to look out the window. A large moose was running down the grassy slope and into the parking lot.

Not a big deal if you live in the country, but you have to rememeber, I live in the middle of a city on the third floor of an apartment building.

I called out to my hubby and we ran to the bedroom because the moose had hightailed it around to the front of the building. Hubby got a couple of shots, but they're didn't turn out that well. We need a zoom lense. LOL

Anyway, you can see the moose in the back yard on the first picture and closer to the house in the second.

I have no idea what happened to him. The police and wildlife officers were following him, but he jumped the fence and ran out of view. Guess I'll have to watch the evening news tonight to see if he made it back home.

5 comments:

Charlene Teglia said...

Funny! Hope he got back into the woods without incident.

N.J.Walters said...

LOL Took me by surprise for sure.

Anonymous said...

Did he make it back home okay?

N.J.Walters said...

There wasn't anything on the news, Rhian, so I'd say yes. If he hadn't made it, it probably would have been all over the evening news. :-)

Newfie Eeyore said...

Thats funny!