Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, Monday!

Good morning and welcome to Monday. I hope everyone enjoyed the Mother's Day weekend.

Hubby and I went to the movies this past Friday. We took in the latest edition to the Star Trek franchise. I really didn't have any expectations when I went. I figured it would be a good movie.

It was fantastic!

I loved it. It didn't try to be the old Star Trek. It went back in time to the very beginning when Jim Kirk and Spock were children and moved forward in time. It was original, yet it didn't ignore the fact that these are beloved characters and were true to them.

I think that Star Trek fans will enjoy it. And, even if you've never seen Star Trek in your life, you'll enjoy it. It's a science fiction adventure that is mostly about people. That's what makes it work.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I envy you. I am so looking forward to both the star trek movie and the Wolverine movie. I'm going to see both if I ever get over this cold.

Anny Cook said...

Excellent. I was a bit leery of going to see it. Thanks for the review!

N.J.Walters said...

I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling well, Kathy. I hope you get over that cold soon!

I enjoyed Star Trek, Anny. I thought they did a wonderful job. I was a fan of the original series and I was pleased with what they did.

Kara said...

I am such a fan of the original series and original movies - so glad this one stayed true to form!!! Can't wait to see it.

The Crazy Woman Inside Me said...

Glad to hear you liked it, NJ. Reviews from people who've seen it have been so mixed. My husband and I are big Star Trek fans and really eager to see this one.

Thanks, NJ, for the lovely comment you left on my blog--both of them, actually. ;-) I appreciate it.

--Susan