Sunday, February 28, 2010

As the flame is extinguished...

Today is the final day of the Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver. Tonight they'll have the closing ceremonies, and the accompanying hoopla, and extinguish the flame for another four years. In one way, I'm sad to see this time come. In another way, I'm happy.

I've spent the past two weeks glued to my television. I've watched skiing, snowboarding, skeleton, luge, bobsled, figure skating, speed skating, curling, biathlon, hockey and just about every other sport I might have missed. Once every four years, I become a big fan of all winter sports. And, it's fun.

But the time has come to get life back to normal and leave the television silent during the daytime. It's time to get back to work.

Now, only two years until the Summer Games. :-)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remember back when both the summer and winter games were held in the same year and we had to wait for years for the next airing. It wasn't that long ago either. 1992 was the last time both olympics aired in the same year. I actually miss that. It was so neat to watch the winter olympics in February and then the summer games would come on in July. And the summer games helped break up the summer re-runs blues.