Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Treasure Hunting

Those of you who have followed my blog, know that I absolutely love thrift stores and yard sales. I love digging through other people's discarded and unwanted things and finding all sorts of interesting pieces. After all...one man's trash is another man's treasure, or in this case, woman's treasure.

Here are todays finds!




The first find is a fabulous Christmas piece. It says "Charming Tails" on the bottom, and I checked it out when I got home and found out they make all sorts of these statues. Now, I'm not one for knick-knacks, but this was just too cute. More Winter Solstice than Christmas. Can't wait to put it out in December. And only $4.99.


Then I hit the jewelry section. I freely admit that 95% of the time I find nothing I like, but that 5% when I do makes it all worthwhile. I found the necklace first. It's incredibly intricate and a chunky piece. Not sure what the green chips are, maybe adventurine.


I was trying to decide if I would buy it or not when I found the  matching bracelet. And they were only $1.99 each. That decided it and I bought them.


 All in all a very successful trip!

Over the years, I've found some really special things that I've given as presents. And, yes, I come from the kind of family that loves these kinds of gifts. Found my SIL who collects teapots a Kermit the Frog teapot, which turned out to be rare piece. I've found a sterling silver/moonstone pendant for my sister, as well as collectible tins for my mother. I love recycling things and giving them a new home with someone who appreciates them.

Do you yard sale or thrift store shop? If so, what is your best find?

Happy Treasure Hunting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea my kind of treasure!
bobbie

Mannouchka said...

woo very nice treasure you found
I was able to found a nice funiture
and nice vase hand painting
I wish you a nice week-end
Cheers

Mannouchka said...

14

N.J.Walters said...

It's the kind of day that keeps me going back, Bobbie. *g*

Furniture is always a plus, Mannouchka. And I bet the hand painted vase is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Awesome treasure.

N.J.Walters said...

It was a great haul!