Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tuesday Teaser: Annabelle Lee

Late again this week, but the Teaser this week is from Annabelle Lee, the first book I ever had published. This book was released by Ellora's Cave back in October 2004 and will always be very dear to my heart.




TEASER:


“I heard you were hot.” The voice was male, deep, and husky.

Annabelle turned slightly from where she’d been organizing books in the reference section of the library. The towering shelves filled with hardcover books created a tunnel-like effect, insulating her from the rest of the library. She could see a tall silhouette at the end of the darkened aisle. “You shouldn’t be here. The library closed five minutes ago.” She used her sternest librarian voice, the one that automatically scolded the recipient for breaking library rules.

The shadow sauntered closer and coalesced into the body of a man. And what a body! Clad in tight jeans and a white tank shirt that emphasized the rippling muscles in his chest, he was every woman’s fantasy, but especially hers. The blue material of his jeans clung to his muscular thighs and accentuated the bulge in the front. He was aroused and making no effort to hide it.

“What can I do for you?” Annabelle asked, her voice prim and business-like. She could feel the sweat roll down her back, and her nipples were now tight buds against the front of her summer cotton sundress.

“What do you want to do?” came the tantalizing reply.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this book! :) I can't believe it was that long ago I read it.

N.J.Walters said...

Thank you so much, Amber. I can't believe I wrote it so many years ago either. Time has flown by!