Monday, May 06, 2013

A Thank You to My Readers


Writing is a solitary pursuit, especially for someone like me who has never gone to a writer's conference. The only connection I have with readers and other authors is though our online communication. But sometimes that can be extremely powerful.

This past weekend, I blogged over at the Samhain Publishing blog and was humbled by the two ladies who left comments. When I have days of doubt about my work it's words like these that inspire me and remind me I'm lucky to be doing something so very special for a living.

Deb T said, "Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your books. Reading them has helped me make it through several painful days. I am getting ready to start reading the Hades’ Carnival series. So glad that the other two will be out this year. Thank you for your imagination and talent."

And Nancy G said, "I loved the first two Hades Carnival books (I have a teeny tiny crush on Marko) and can’t wait to fall in love with your next hero. They made my surgery so much easier to face, too. Thanks for your amazing stories."

Knowing that I was able to help one woman though a painful time in some small way and to make surgery easier for another was truly humbling. Thank you ladies for sharing with me.

And thank you to all of the wonderful readers who have emailed me over the years. You have no idea how much your kind words and support have meant to me.

No comments: