Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Writer's Wednesday--Please Welcome Isobelle Cate

Please welcome Isobelle Cate to the Writer's Wednesday!


Hi NJ!

Thank you for having me guest today.



My name is Isobelle Cate. I’m a contemporary and paranormal romance author.  My paranormal romance series is called the Cynn Cruor Bloodline Series that starts with Rapture at Midnight followed by Forever at Midnight.  I interviewed Rapture at Midnight’s hero, Finn Qualtrough and here’s the transcript of my interview.

                        Interview with Finn Qualtrough      
(Manchester Faesten’s Library/Nerve Centre a little after 6:00pm)

Me: Hello Finn.  Thank you for agreeing to this interview.

Finn: My pleasure, Isobelle. It’s good to have a chance to get to know your readers....more intimately.

I clear my throat before smiling: How is Eirene?

Finn (grins): Still a beautiful distraction. She left with Deanna to set up the network for the Haven Foundation. She’s creating a network between Deanna’s foundation and her own charity, Kinds Come Home.

Me: Eirene is the computer expert of the team?

Finn: Yes she is. Graeme as well, who’s more of our Head of Security. Eirene did what we Cynn Cruor found hard to do. Find Dac Valerian.

Me: Is that how you met?

Finn (chuckling): In a manner of speaking.  I was chasing after several of Dac's followers or transfuges and found her instead. They were running after her after she decked them. (Finn laughs).

Me: And Dac's followers?

Finn grins with satisfaction and pride: Dead. All dead, with Eirene's help.  That woman can really kick and is very handy with a baton and the balisong, the Philippine butterfly knife.

Me: Has the Cynn Cruor has been fighting Dac Valerian for a long time?

Finn: Yes, the former Gnaeus Valerius Dacronius.  He was one of Caesar's greatest generals and wanted recognition for his campaigns but the Cynn Cruor code forbade it.

Me: Why doesn't the Cynn Cruor --

Finn: I know what you're going to ask, Isobelle. Why don't we want to be recognized, for people to know who we are?

I nod.

Finn: Let me ask you...what would happen if the world knew of our existence?  A race of hybrids with vamp, were, and human blood infused with immortality. Stress on immortality.

Me: Uh…people would want to be like you. They won’t age.

Finn: Spot on. And what would happen if Dac and the Scatha Cruor showed themselves for who they were – evil personified?

I nod, exhaling: No innocent will be safe.

Finn:  It’s easier for us to fight a war without people knowing what we are doing. The less people know, the lesser the casualties.

Me: How long will this war last?

Finn (shrugs): As long as it takes.

Me: You live in the edge of day and night. Doesn’t it make you wish that you could walk in the sun?

Finn: Centuries ago, I was able to walk in the sun. My parents couldn’t. They often stayed indoors when the sun was hottest. It was lonely playing by myself around our estate near Pluscarden. I may have taken the sun for granted then.  It didn’t matter to me as long as I had my parents with me. I already knew that I was Cynn Cruor, that I would someday leave my home to train and be a warrior just like my father. (His voice tightens) When I lost my parents during one of the wars with the Scatha Cruor, the sun disappeared from my life. Until Eirene. So you see, whether that fireball in the sky is there or not, I care not. The Cynn Cruor can still walk in the sun but we have to be careful. When the skies are overcast, before Dawn claims the horizon and when Dusk puts it to bed, we can walk. It’s uncomfortable but we can if we must.

Me: Eirene is mortal.

Finn: She is now immortal. As long as I’m alive, so is she.

Me: Has she ever missed the sun? Has she asked you to do so?

Finn (smiles at a memory): Eirene wanted to go back to Platt Field’s Park where we first met.  Winter had arrived and there was frost on the ground. The sun was probably at the ten o’clock.  The sky was clear and blue up to probably Angels 70, altitude 70,000 feet. It was painful, but beautiful.

I gasp: Why did you do that?

Finn: Because I love her.

Me: She’s very lucky to have you.

Eirene: Yes, I am. Hello, Isobelle. (She gives me a hug.) Finn been talking how strong he is?

I laugh: No. We were talking about Dac and how you found him.

Eirene (shakes her head ruefully): The Cynn still can’t get over it. Unfortunately, we’ve lost him again.

Me: Any idea how to find him again?

Finn:  We’re still working on it. In the meantime, I’d like to take my mate for R&R.

I redden: Okaaaayyy. Some other time then. I’ll see myself out.

Finn: Come back anytime you wish, Isobelle. You are always welcome here.

Eirene (grins): I’m echoing that.

Me: Thanks and I will. I’m interviewing all of you remember?

Eirene (with a twinkle in her eye): Who knows?  A Cynn Cruor might fall for you one day.

I stare at her, my mouth agape before I laugh: Only in my dreams.

Eirene (winks): Uh huh.

Me: I’m going! I’m going!

Laughter follows me as I leave the library.


Blurb of Rapture at Midnight:
There is an on-going war between two breeds of immortal warriors who carry human, vampire, and werewolf blood, the Cynn Cruor and the Scatha Cruor. The Cynn Cruor want to live in harmony with the human race. The Scatha Cruor wants to enslave them. Finn Qualtrough, a Cynn Cruor warrior is on a mission to find Dac Valerian, the leader of the Scatha Cruor responsible for the deaths of many, including his parents. When he pursues three Scatha warriors who can lead him to Dac, he happens upon a woman who awakens a desire within Quinn to claim her as his own.
She is the very essence of his immortal life.
Eirene Spence is an insomniac and a computer genius who loves walking in the park at midnight. She stumbles upon the Scatha Cruor and is almost killed until a handsome stranger rescues her. His touch ignites a hunger inside her that only he can satisfy.
He is her soul.
By some twist of fate, one of Eirene’s clients is Dac Valerian. She is able to tell Finn and the rest of the Cynn Cruor where Dac is hiding. Now Dac wants her dead.
Will Finn be able to keep Eirene alive and at the same time fulfill his mission? Will Eirene’s wish to be part of Finn’s life come true knowing that he is destined for someone else?
Buy links for Rapture at Midnight:


Other Books by Isobelle:
Book title: Forever at Midnight


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Blurb:
Roarke catches a glimpse of Deanna in Dac Valerian’s club. He is unable to believe that Deanna is alive when he buried her himself nearly five hundred years before. He searches for her in the streets of Manchester just to prove that he hasn’t lost his mind.  But when Deanna turns up on the street facing the Cynn Cruor’s headquarters, Roarke needs to know why she hid herself from him.

Knowing that her secret can only destroy whatever feelings Roarke has left for her, Deanna remains silent until circumstances force her to reveal everything.

Hearts are broken on both sides but Roarke and Deanna have to work together if they are to find a way of ending Dac and the Scatha Cruor’s power once and for all. Desire rises and passions are rekindled.

Will their pursuit of Dac lead to another chance at happiness?

Or will it forever tear them apart?

Buy Links:
Amazon US http://amzn.to/18Y4QPi

Other books by Isobelle:
Book title: Love in Her Dreams


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Blurb:
Alec and Tamsyn know they are meant to be together though they have never met. And yet their passion for each other consumes them when they dream.

Alec knows that Tamsyn is the woman for him, but finding her at the moment is an impossibility. Or is it?

After resigning from her job, Tamsyn takes a break in Scotland when she feels the presence of the man who haunts her dreams. He is tangibly near and in Edinburgh. The sex they have in her sleeping moments becomes more real. But how can she find him in the streets of Edinburgh when the only thing she remembers is his touch, his scent, his passion?

Buy Links:
Secret Cravings Publishing:  http://bit.ly/15zacRg
Amazon US:     http://amzn.to/18wDtOY
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/15cFFKe


Book Title:  Lakam



Genre: Historical Fiction:

Blurb:

The year is 1607. The Spanish have landed on the shores of the Philippines to pacify the natives, convert them to Christianity, and mine the islands for its gold.
Headstrong and loyal, Lakam, a Babaylan, refuses to submit to Spanish imperial authority and convert to Christianity. With her village destroyed and her people killed, she seeks refuge in the Cave of Rituals in the jungle vastness of the sacred mountains, but she is caught, raped and tortured. On the eve of her execution, she regains her freedom with the help of her jailer, Joaquin Santiago, who refuses to see her killed. Now a remontada (outlaw), Lakam realizes the old ways will cease to exist unless she finds a way for it to continue in the ruined ashes of the world she knows.
Buy links:

Amazon US http://amzn.to/1dUfj19
Amazon UK http://amzn.to/1dhi0fy
Amazon AU http://bit.ly/1jbCJUq

About Isobelle:
Isobelle Cate is a woman who wears different masks. Mother-writer, wife-professional, scholar-novelist. Currently living in Manchester, she has been drawn to the little known, the secret stories, about the people and the nations: the English, the Irish, the Scots, the Welsh, and those who are now part of these nations whatever their origins. Her vision and passion are fuelled by her interest and background in history and paradoxically, shaped by growing up in a clan steeped in lore, loyalty, and legend.
Isobelle is intrigued by forces that simmer beneath the surface of these cultures, the hidden passions, unsaid desires, and yearnings unfulfilled.
Follow Isobelle:
Blog: http://isobellecate.beaucoupllc.com



No comments: