Monday, October 27, 2014

Celebrating 10 Years!



CELEBRATING 10 YEARS!


It's hard to believe that my first book was published ten years ago today. It's been a rollercoaster ride with many ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything!


I want to thank Ellora's Cave Publishing, Samhain Publishing and Carina Press for publishing my books. I want to thank Heidi Moore, Shannon Combs, Mary Altman, Pamela Cohen, Raelene Gorlinsky, Ansley Velarde, Jessica Bimberg and Deborah Nemeth. You are all amazing editors and I've learned so much from each one of you.


Tomorrow, October 28th, my 75th book (Wolf on the Run) will be released from Samhain Publishing. There have been Quickies, novellas and many full-length novels, but 75 projects in all. I can't wait to see what the next ten years have in store.


I want to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone who has ever bought and read one of my books. The beauty of the modern world is that I've been able to "meet" many of my readers through social media. Your support, enthusiasm and encouragement is invaluable.


Writing is a very solitary profession. I get up in the morning, have breakfast, turn on the computer and write. I work for weeks or months on a project never knowing if it will be contracted or rejected. And even once a contract is signed the book has to go through the editing process. When all is said and done, the book is released. I have no idea if readers will love it as much as I do.


I've been fortunate enough to have several really successful series--Tapestries, Legacy, Awakening Desires, Hades' Carnival, and Salvation Pack. There have been other books I've deeply loved that haven't fared as well. That is the reality of the writing life.


Through all the ups and downs, I keep writing...because I have to. I have a lot more stories left to tell. I hope you'll stay on this journey with me and keep reading my books.


Gratefully yours,
N.J. Walters




No comments: