Saturday, December 19, 2015

Holiday movies and TV Shows

Throughout the entire month of December, I watch as many of my favorite and classic holiday movies as I can. The movies and TV shows I enjoy tend to be the ones that say something positive about life or humanity. At Christmas time, I just like to feel good.

Here's my Top Ten List:


10. Little Women (The Winona Ryder version.) "I'm so desolated."


9. Scrooged (Bill Murray) "It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer."


8. A Christmas Carol (Alistair Sim) "Humbug!"


7. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (The animated version. A mean one, but a great one.) "You can't stop Christmas from coming!"


6. A Charlie Brown Christmas (I never get tired of watching the dust rise off of Pigpen when he sings or seeing that little, scrawny tree grow into a veritable forest.) "Can somebody please tell me the true meaning of Christmas?" "Sure, Charlie Brown."


5. It's A Wonderful Life (This one makes me cry, especially at the end.) "To my big brother George, the richest man in town!"


4. A Muppet Family Christmas (Swedish Chef meets the Bird of his dreams!) "Be careful of the icy patch!"


3. A Muppet Christmas Carol (Gonzo the Great plays Mist-uh Dickens himself) "Darkness was cheap, and Scrooge liked it."


2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Not mean, just nutty.) "That tree will never go in our yard, Dad." "It's not going in our yard, Russ. It's going in our living room."


1. Scrooge (The Albert Finney version). "You wish to remain anonymous, sir?" "I wish to be left alone!"


A newer favorite is the movie Arthur Christmas. And, of course, I have to watch Frosty the Snowman. What are some of your favorite holiday television shows and movies?

No comments: