Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Writer Wednesday--Kate Hill


Today I’m happy to have Kate Hill here for Writer Wednesday. Welcome, Kate! ~NJW


NJW: Are you a plotter or a pantser?

KH: I'm mostly a plotter because I prefer to work using a loose outline. I need to know how my story starts and ends and I need to know the major points in between. However, I prefer to leave the outline loose because details inevitably change during the writing process. I like wiggle room.

 
NJW: What comes first for you, characters or plot?

KH: I usually feel like the characters come first and they "tell" me their story.

 
NJW: Do you prefer writing series or stand alone books?

KH: I love writing and reading series books. I like to explore secondary characters and various parts of fictional worlds and see them tied together. As both a reader and a writer, I tend to get attached and can't get enough of the stories I love.

 
NJW: Name three fictional characters (not your own) that you find hot.

KH: They can be from books, movies, or TV. Scorpius from Farscape, Earth 2 Harrison Wells from The Flash, and John Clare/The Creature from Penny Dreadful.

NJW: Share a favorite quote from your latest hero, heroine, or villain.

KH: “You can’t just knock me out of bed to tell me you’ve seen Bigfoot and expect me not to look.” - Earl Eli from Love in the Wild 1: Knock on Wood.

 
NJW: How did you come up with the idea for your latest book/series?

KH: I wanted to write a contemporary romance with paranormal elements. I also love the Bigfoot legend and wanted to include that in the story. Knock on Wood is about two opposites who go on a search for Bigfoot and end up romantically involved. By the end of the story, the couple wasn't quite ready for marriage and they were left in a long distance relationship. The story tied up the Bigfoot plot, but the heroes still had more to explore with each other, so it became the Love in the Wild Series. Right now I'm just about finished with John and Earl Eli's second story, On the Prowl. They finished their Bigfoot adventure in Maine, now they're in John's home country--England--searching for a giant cat in a rural village. In this story, John and Earl Eli's relationship becomes more serious. I'll be soon be starting the last book in the series, Ghost of a Chance.

  

Rapid Answer Fun Questions

  1. Favorite holiday? Halloween
  2. Favorite season? Autumn
  3. Guilty pleasure? The Saw movies.
  4. Favorite ice cream? Peppermint Stick.
  5. Hobbies besides reading? Working out and watching horror and action movies.
  6. Do you have any pets? 2 cats and 2 dogs.
  7. Favorite meal? Lunch.
  8. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Carrot juice.
 
About Saloni Quinby

The child of a painter and a psychic dreamer, Saloni Quinby feels spirituality and storytelling go hand-in-hand. She loves the scent of gardenia, the sound of wind chimes and the taste of honey. By listening to what isn't said, she creates works based on unspoken desires. Saloni prefers blurred gender lines and many varieties of romance. In a world where passion must at times be restrained, she believes erotica is a pleasure to be shared. With her stories she would like to make her fantasies yours and hopes you enjoy the ride. She also writes under the name Kate Hill. Please visit her online at http://www.kate-hill.com, http://www.kate-hill.com/blog and http://www.kate-hill.com/compbellingbeastsblog.

 

Social Media Links:

 

 

No comments: