Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sleepy Sunday Mornings

It's a cold, damp day with light flurries, but it's Sunday, so hubby and I got bundled up and walked to a local coffee shop for peppermint tea and bagels. We gave up coffee over a year ago and I find I've lost my taste for it. I enjoy herbal teas and can drink then without sugar, which is a huge plus.

I like to sit and just chat with my hubby on Sunday mornings and enjoy the sights through the large glass windows of the shop. A window seat is the only way to go! After enjoying a leisurely breakfast, we got bundled up again and meandered over to the grocery store.

Now, I enjoy grocery shopping. I think it's because there are always so many possibilites, so many things to tempt. LOL

We picked up some fresh fruit--green grapes, pineapple, and a golden delicious apple. This time of year, really good fresh fruit is harder to come by. I thought about codfish, but they didn't have any fresh, only froze, so I passed on that. We did pick up some wonderful leaf lettuce, broccolli, sweet peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes, which means we'll probably be having a fresh salad and baked potatoes for supper. YUM!

When we were finished browsing the grocery store, we walked back home. The wind had picked up, making the air bitter cold. I was glad to get home. There's nothing like opening the front door and feeling the blast of heat hit you.

I'm probably home for the rest of the day. I thought about working, but I may just take it easy. Hubby has his work currently spread out on the kitchen table and is hard at work. Maybe I'll dig out an old book to read.

After all, it's Sunday!

2 comments:

charleneteglia said...

Sounds like a nice Sunday, NJ. Enjoy! I've been for a walk with the family, baked cookies and now I'm getting ready to work. Reading sounds more fun!

N.J.Walters said...

Sounds like you had a busy day. Hubby ended up taking me to a movie instead. I love sitting in a dark theatre with him. *g*