Monday, March 12, 2007

Tagged-Writing Meme

TJ (http://www.dynamicthree.com/blog/index.php) tagged me with this one and it sounded like too much fun to resist. I challenge any other writer who wants to do it. Of course, don’t do it if you have issues posting bits of your WIP the way I sometimes do.

I think I'll tag Nicole Austin.
http://nicoleaustin.wordpress.com/

Turn to page 123 in your work-in-progress. (If you haven’t gotten to page 123 yet, then turn to page 23. If you haven’t gotten there yet, then get busy and write page 23.) Count down four sentences and then instead of just the fifth sentence, give us the whole paragraph.
I’ll do that and give you a teeny bit more from Jackson's Jewel…

(Please note: This is an unedited excerpt)

Now she knew where Jackson got all those hard muscles. His work was incredibly physical. “What are you doing now while you’re waiting for the harvest?”


“Watching for pests and disease, mowing the orchards, checking on the other crops.” He shrugged. “There are always a million things to do.”

“You love it, don’t you?”

A slow smile slid across his face. For the first time since she’d met him, Jackson appeared relaxed and happy. “Yeah, I do. There’s no other life for me.”

She nodded. She’d already known that, sensed it, but now he’d confirmed it. If she got involved with Jackson it would be a short-term affair. His life was here and hers was back in New York with her sisters. But, it would be an affair to remember for a lifetime.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Jackson's story!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole Austin said...

Tagged, huh. I love it! This is fun. Here's an unedited bit of Jesse's Challenge from page 23 (haven't reached page 123 yet).

“I’m sorry, Tink. My neighbor, Tom…er, I mean Jesse, came to visit.”
What the heck was she supposed to do with him now that she’d seduced the man like some shameless hussy? She couldn’t hide out here in the bedroom and leave him sitting out in the living room forever. Eventually she’d have to go back our there.
“Oh, my God. Did you let him in, Kate? What are you doing?”
“Good question, Tink. Hell, you got me into this. Got any bright ideas on how I should get out of it?”
Did she want to get out of it? If she were honest the answer was not only no, but hell no. She wanted more. More of his fingers touching, his lips tasting…
“I expect full, explicit, down and dirty details of what happens.”
“Thanks, you’re a big help, Tink.” Before she could say anything else, Kate felt his presence. Turning slowly, she faced the bedroom doorway. Jesse’s massive physique filled the frame. His penetrating gaze cut through all her natural defenses.

N.J.Walters said...

LOL Thanks, Lori. Jackson has been patient and waited long enough.

N.J.Walters said...

Oooooh, very yummy, Nic. Can't wait to read more of Jesse's Challenge.