Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Holiday Shopping

On a chat group that I'm a member of someone asked if everyone was going Christmas shopping next Friday. *g*

I've actually been out shopping the past two days. I'm beat, but I'm almost finished.

I like to be almost finished by the time the Christmas season kicks into gear. That way I can be out among the shoppers, but I can relax and just enjoy it.

'Cause I do enjoy it. LOL

I worked in retail for about 20 years and my favorite day to work was Christmas Eve. Yes, it's crazy, but it's also fun. I even used to open the store early if I saw someone waiting outside. I worked 11 years in a privately owned business, so we had regular customers who would bring us cookies and treats on Christmas Eve. We'd also close at 4 o'clock sharp and all go home. It was fun and I do miss it since I left there over two years ago.

Now, I go out early to the mall on Christmas Eve, buy a cup of tea, sit and enjoy the energy.

4 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

I'll go Yuletide shopping on Black Friday. I know, it's totally crazy, risking my life that way, but right now it's the only way I can afford some of the things I need to buy.

N.J.Walters said...

Good luck with your shopping next Friday, Tempest! I'll be thinking about you.

Anny Cook said...

My daughter will be here from NY and we'll go shopping on Black Friday so we can afford to play Santa this year. I am so not a fan of Black Friday. I usually make most of my gifts just so I can stay home!;) Amazing what we'll do for our grandkids, though.

N.J.Walters said...

I know you and your daughter will enjoy shopping, Anny.

Making gifts is always a wonderful thing to do. I don't do it as much as I used to. I think we all get busy and run out of time.

My sister made me a beautiful quilt about three Christmas ago and I've used it practically every day since.