Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stuff, stuff and more stuff

It's been hard to get any new writing done the past seven weeks or so. No, not hard, downright impossible. lol

Is it writer's block? Nope. It's me being busy with other aspects of writing. Being a published author is more than just sitting at the computer every day putting new words down on paper.
There are edits and rewrites and blurbs and promotion. And that's where I've been the past few weeks. Seems like just when I get ready to work on a new project something else pops up.

Some writers can juggle multiple projects at once. I can't. If I'm doing edits for a book, I'll put my head down and take the two or three days of nonstop work to get them done. If I'm rewriting a book, then I don't stop until it's finished. Not that I'm complaining. Having all this other stuff to do simply means I'm a working writer. :-)

I'm hoping to take the next six weeks or so and work on a new project. I need to get back to the actual writing. It's what makes this job the most fun one in the world.


CONTEST REMINDER:

I've got a contest up and running on my website. Just click on the contests page for details on how you can enter to win a download copy of my upcoming Ellora's Cave release, Lassoing Lara.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah the other stuff does tend to get in the way. But once you get back to writing I know you'll crank out some really great stuff.

N.J.Walters said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kat.

anny cook said...

Hang in there. It's all worth it.

N.J.Walters said...

Absolutely, Anny.

Shelley Munro said...

I've been doing the exact same thing for the last month, NJ. It's good to get back to straight writing again!

N.J.Walters said...

I'm with you, Shelley. I'm finishing up some "housekeeping" chores this weekend with my writing. Monday is all about starting my new project.