Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice

Today marks the first "official" day of summer--The Summer Solstice. It's the longest day of the year so use it wisely...have some fun!


Hubby and I went out this morning to welcome in the day. After breakfast at a local cafe, we drove to the ocean. The fog was rolling in over the water and the fog horn from a nearby lighthouse was wailing a warning in the distance. The seagulls were swooping and soaring, riding the wind currents.

Just at the exact moment of the Solstice (7:28 EDT) the sun broke through the clouds and fog. It was simply breathtaking. We sat there for a while and watched the fog roll out and back in again, a dance of the elements. Mother Nature put on quite the show this morning. The perfect way to start the day. I just wish we'd remembered to bring the camera.

I hope you have a wonderful Summer Solstice and a fantastice summer!

5 comments:

Kara said...

What are gorgeous scene you painted with words...wish I could have been there watching that awesome sight.

Have a great day!!!

N.J.Walters said...

It was beautiful, Kara. I only wish we hadn't fogotten the camera. It was magical.

Allan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abigail-Madison Chase said...

I think I will walk to the local park and watch the sunset over the lake.

N.J.Walters said...

That sounds lovely, Abigail.