Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday!

Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to Friday! It's an absolutely beautiful day today. The sun is shining, but there is a hint of autumn in the air. I was out shopping earlier today and there were tons of harried-looking parents with kids in tow all trying to get there last minute back-to-school shopping done.

When I was a kid, I actually loved this part of having to go back to school. Not the actual school part, mind you, but the new pencils and pens and binders and exercise books. LOL Yes, that was back before computers, when one actually had to write their homework and teachers still taught penmanship. I remember spending hours actually learning how to form all the letters of the alphabet properly, both upper and lowercase letters. My grade two teacher would actually take the time to line all our exercise books out in red and then have several practice letters that she put in there herself. It made it easier to learn. Now, I think about how much work that must have been for her. She was obviously a very dedicated and amazing teacher.

Maybe the fact that I loved all those shiny new exercise books was an early sign that I was destined to do something for a living that involved writing or books. It has taken me a lot of years to get here, but I'm finally doing it and I wouldn't change it for the world.

On that note, I want to mention a lovely 5 Heart review that I recieved today from Danny at Love Romances. It was for my latest Samhain Publishing release, The Way Home, book 2 in my Jamesville series. This is a snippet of what she had to say.

"This story will captivate you from the beginning till the end! THE WAY HOME is the sequel to DISCOVERING DANI. Although you can read this book as a stand-alone, this reviewer would also recommend reading the prequel."

Thank you, Danny! The review put a smile on my face and started out my weekend on a wonderful note.

I hope all everyone has a wonderful weekend. The summer is waning. Do something fun. After all, autumn is just around the corner.

NJ

No comments: