Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Afternoon at the Movies!

So hubby and I were at the movies this afternoon. Actually, we go to a lot of afternoon movies. It's one of our favorite things to do.

I love it when the theatre isn't very full. We like to sit a few rows back from the front, eat M & M's and enjoy the movie. I really only eat the blue and red M & M's and maybe the occasional purple or pink one and hubby eats the other colors. LOL

Today we saw INVINCIBLE with Mark Wahlberg and Greg Kinnear and I really enjoyed it. I didn't really have any expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised. It was a real flash back to the 1970's in spots, which was fun. What can I say...I like movies where the underdog does good. It's a reminder to never give up on your dreams. Even if you try and fail, at least you have the satisfaction of always knowing that you gave it a shot.

I guess I feel that way about my writing. It took me a lot of years to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, but now that I know and have had a taste of success, there is no going back. I have no idea what the future holds, but I'll always have the satisfaction of actually publishing.

Don't give up on your dreams. After all, that's what makes life interesting!

NJ

No comments: