Friday, August 25, 2006

What I've Been Reading!




I haven't done much reading lately, but I have managed to get in a few really great books. Two of them are by long-time favorite authors--Suzanne Brockmann and Linda Howard.

Into the Storm is Suzanne Brockmann at her best. She's a master at writing miliary fiction. This time she's joined the memebers of SEAL Team Sixteen and Troubleshooters Inc. together for an unforgetable adventure. This book will please any Brockmann fan.

Cover of Night is a bit different for Linda Howard. I find that she is always challenging herself as a writer and doing something unique. Suspenseful and fast-paced, this book was an absolute pleasure to read. Linda Howard just seems to keep getting better. I really enjoyed this one.

Now for something a little different...If you're looking for an erotic shapeshifter novel then Enforcer, by Lauren Dane, is the one for you. Because it's put out by Ellora's Cave you know it's going to be HOT! But it is also a fantastic werewolf tale.

Lauren Dane is an amazingly talented writer who is definitely going places. Do yourself a favor and check out one of her many books. I haven't been disappointed by anything of hers that I've read!

I recently tried a new author--Maya Banks--and I have to say that I absolutely loved her book, Seducing Simon, released by Samahin Publishing. The plot may sound familiar, but believe me, this books is unique. The relationships between the various characters are what drives this book. And the main relationship is loving and absolutely incredible. I laughed. I cried. What more could you ask of a great book.

Last, but certainly not least, is The Gripping Beast by Charlene Teglia. Also published by Samhain Publishing, this is a time-travel adventure that takes the reader from present day to the time of the Vikings.

Teglia is an incredible story-teller, seemlessly weaving a steamy love story that will make you laugh and cheer. The characters are memorable and the story will leave you wanting more. This is another author who is definitely going places. Each book I read of hers keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, these are just a few of the books that I've managed to read in the past while. You might want to check them out!

NJ

1 comment:

N.J.Walters said...

The Linda Howard is great! I find that each book she does is different from the last. Some I like more than others, but this one was really good.