Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday!

The day after Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year in the USA. It's the kick-off of the Christmas shopping season. Retailers will have crazy sales and people will line up all night long in order to be the first in the store to get them.

There are plenty of bargains to be had, but plenty of crazy people out there too. If you're venturing out to shop today, please remember to stay safe and have fun. In the end, it's all just stuff. Nothing is worth your peace of mind and your safety.

May you find plenty of sales and get what you're looking for out there today.

May the force be with you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not nuts enough to venture out and battle the crowds today. I do all my Christmas shopping online anyway. No lines, no hassle. LOL

Charlene Teglia said...

Yeah, not going out there. : O I love online shopping!

N.J.Walters said...

We don't have a Black Friday here in Canada, just regular holiday mayhem. lol

I admit, other than books I buy for myself, I don't shop online. I prefer to go out and shop. Plus, I'll keep an eye out all year long in thrift shops and yard sales for really interesting gifts. Luckily, I come from a family that loves doing that. Every year someone in my family seems to get something special that comes from such a place.

Last year, I bought my SIL, who collects teapots and loves the Muppets, a Kermit teapot. I found it at a thrift store a few weeks before Christmas. I paid less than five bucks for it and found it on ebay for about a hundred. You can't buy it new anymore. She loves it.

That's the fun way to shop. :)