Saturday, November 20, 2010

Knitting, Crocheting and Embroidery, Oh My!

















It's the time of year when there are a ton of Christmas Craft Fairs and sales all over the place. I love them. I'm always amazed by how many truly talented people there are out there in the world. I love looking at all the knitted goods, the pottery, stained glass, dyed scarves, paintings, etc...

I knit a couple sweaters, fifteen years ago or more and even a pair of socks, but I really don't enjoy knitting. I can't just relax and enjoy it. I have to count every single stitch and no one can talk to me when I'm working. No fun at all.

I used to do a lot of crocheting when I was in my teens and early twenties. I made doilies, christmas decorations, snowmen and more. Heck, I even made a smurf. Hey, it was the eighties. lol Haven't done a project in about twenty years. It's one of those things...you get busy with life and hobbies take a backseat to a lot of things.

One of my goals for the new year is to take up one of my old hobbies. Maybe embroidery or rug hooking or crocheting or... I'm sure one of those will peak my interest. Or maybe I'll find something completely new to try.

What kinds of hobbies do you enjoy?

3 comments:

Charlene Teglia said...

I keep meaning to get back to quilting but things get in the way. I find painting, gardening or baking more relaxing than handwork anyway.

Unknown said...

My mom knits. Me, I like to bake.:-)

N.J.Walters said...

I enjoy baking too, Charli, but I don't do too much of it as it's mostly only the two of us.

I can knit, in the most basic way, but I find it stressful, Kat. I have to count every stitch. lol