Monday, November 15, 2010

Sparkles, Sparkles Everywhere

Even as I type this blog post I can see sparkles on the wrist pad just below the keyboard. Where did they come from? Nothing kinky I assure you. *g* It's that time of year again...Christmas cards!

That's right. I spent yesterday afternoon addressing envelopes and writing cards to friends and family. This years cards have wonderful old-fashioned scenes on them and lots and lots of sparkles. Hey, I didn't pick them out on my own. Hubby had a hand in them.

I tried to be careful, writing the cards in one area. I cleaned up afterwards, using a damp papertowel to wipe down furniture and such. But to no avail. I will be sparkling for weeks to come.

And you know what? I don't really mind. *g* The holidays are coming and I'm looking forward to them. The craziness aside, I love decorating, baking, watching holiday movies, listening to the music, and generally having fun with it.

So here's to the next few weeks. May they sparkle for you as much as they will for me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I spent yesterday online looking for ideas for a christmas gift for my brother. Finally found something I think is perfect for him. Now just need to figure out what i'm gonna get his wife. I love the holidays.

Charlene Teglia said...

It is not too early to do cards. If you don't act early, it ends up being too late. Here's to sparkles!

N.J.Walters said...

I love the holidays too, Kat. I'm glad you found something for your brother.

N.J.Walters said...

That's my thought, Charli. I like to have all my cards ready to mail on December 1st. There are always a few scragglers, but most of them get out then.

Sparkles rule!